Colorado Criminal Attorney for Drug Charges

A charge of drug possession can range from the possession of a small quantity of marijuana for personal use to the ownership of a large quantity of controlled substances with the intent to sell. The penalties for conviction of this type of offense also vary considerably. Depending on the type of drug, the quantity, the presence of drug use-related paraphernalia and/or any drug manufacturing equipment, the intent of use, and who the drugs were sold to, the charge of drug possession can be classified as a misdemeanor or as a felony. A conviction could result in fines, loss of driver’s license, incarceration, probation, community service, compulsory drug counseling and more.

If you have been charged, contact our Denver Criminal Attorney today

Even though the city of Denver has passed a law that decriminalizes the possession of small quantities of marijuana, prosecutors may still choose to take legal action under the state law where the same offense is deemed a crime and you will need a Denver drug possession defense lawyer. So, do not assume that this city law will give you an easy out. And, even if your conviction is for the bare minimum and all that is required is the payment of a fine, it will still be a permanent black mark on your record. It is a black mark that is capable of hindering any future employment opportunities, housing prospects or family law matters such as child custody.

Don’t let this be your future. If you have been charged with possession of a controlled substance, contact a Denver drug possession defense attorney before you make another move or speak to those who accuse you. The Our law firm will thoroughly investigate the circumstances and determine if there have been any abuses of the search and seizure laws that police must follow in regards to the searching of a suspect, their house, and their vehicle. Proof of a violation may be cause for a dismissal of the case against you.

A Denver criminal lawyer of our Law Office is here to fight for your rights. Contact us today for a free consultation.